Why signing up to Pride 365 is important to us?
More than 100 years ago Conrad Hilton set out to “fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality.” Today, our mission remains the same: to look outward and create heartfelt experiences for all guests, meaningful opportunities for Team Members and a positive impact in our communities.
As such, we want to pledge our support to Pride 365, demonstrating our commitment to improving inclusivity in the workplace and within wider society, as well as bringing about an end to the corporate appropriation of the LGBTQ+ community.
Through our relations with Pride 365 and our accreditation, we hope to show the LGBTQ+ community and all allies that we are committed to supporting all persons, no matter their background.
Why community and being authentic is important to the brand?
Because of its vast global footprint, Hilton is diverse by nature, but we are inclusive by choice. Through inclusion we strive to create a sense of belonging for all. Our definition of diversity and inclusion is rooted in three important pillars:
- DIVERSITY The appreciation of our unique differences seen and unseen.
- INCLUSION The act of leveraging differences to foster innovation by creating a culture where we are all seen, heard, valued and respected.
- BELONGING The feeling of trust and acceptance, where we feel safe being our authentic selves.
Our strategy is to leverage and promote diversity and inclusion through a framework of Culture, Talent and Marketplace initiatives to foster innovation and create a globally competitive business.
Hilton Pledge – UK & EU
Hilton pledges to play our part in improving inclusivity in the workplace and society and be instrumental in bringing about an end to the corporate appropriation of the LGBT+ community to help to create a world of inclusion for all.
We have made the following commitments:
Being public and open in support of LGBTQ+ inclusion 365 days a year by promoting the partnership with Pride 365. Applying the Pride 365 designation across where appropriate to company websites, social media, corporate communications, and public relations activity. Doing this 365 days a year and not just during Pride season.
By using and supporting community outreach or charity programmes to demonstrate commitment to the community all year round, including Tent.
Commitment 3 :
- Amplify the partnership with Pride 365 through PR activity, raising awareness for the work of nominated charities; and promoting inclusivity in the workplace and society.
- Identify opportunities for leader/s, to amplify the importance of, and our commitment to the Pledge and the partnership, in conjunction with our broader D&I story via social media, speaking opportunities, interviews and/or articles.
We pledge that these commitments will be achieved by December 31st, 2023.